- The micrographies must be proprietary and unpublished. This is, they must not have participated in another contest nor have been published, widespread, exhibited or awarded before.
- Micrographies taken with any kind of microscope will be considered (optical, confocal, SEM, TEM, AFM).
- Black and white or color are accepted.
- Each contestant can participate with two micrographies maximum.
- The maximum size of each figure must not exceed 3MB.
- Minimum resolution allowed is 300dpi.
- Contestants may use an image processing software, but they must specify which one was used.
- The submission must include two Word documents (per micrography):
- One document that contains the micrography title, a brief description of the sample, and the microscopic technique that was used (maximum 5 lines; font Arial 12).
- Another document that contains name and last name of the authors, institution, city, country and email.
SUBMISSION OF THE MICROGRAPHIES
- The micrographies must be submitted via email (along with the Word documents) to email@example.com. The reception will open on 17 April at 0.00hs and will close on 26 June 2019 at 5PM.
- The person who sent the email will receive a confirmation email when the scientific committee of the congress has received your submission. If you do not receive the email within 24 hs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The micrographies received after the deadline will not be considered for evaluation.
- The jury will value the technical quality of the image, its scientific and/or technological content, and its visual impact.
- Jury’s decision will not be questionable.
- The winners will be notified on the first day of the congress. The best three micrographies selected will receive a certificate on the day of the closing ceremony.
IMPORTANT: The participation on this contest implies the acceptance of each and all the points exposed in these rules of procedure. Hence, the micrographies that do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified.